| || ||
Software Evolution |
Vulnerable Components |
Predicting Failures |
Good Bug Reports |
Related Changes |
Cross-cutting Concerns |
Usage Patterns |
The Software Evolution project at the Software Engineering Chair, Saarland University, analyzes version and bug databases to predict failure-prone modules, related changes, and future development activities.
- You are a library developer and want to now how popular your library and its versions are?
- You are a library user and wonder which is the most recommendable library version to use?
Check our Web-based AKTARTI tool to find your answers.
- Our "Mining API Popularity" paper was accepted at TAIC PART'10.
- Our "Mining Trends of Library Usage" paper was accepted at IWPSE-EVOL'09.
- The web-based AKTART tool is available.
- Mining API Popularity. Yana Mileva, Valentin
Dallmeier, Andreas Zeller. TAIC PART 2010.
When designing a piece of software, one frequently must choose between multiple external libraries that provide similar services. Which library is the best
one to use? We mined hundreds of open source projects and their external dependencies in order to observe the popularity of their APIs and to give
recommendations of the kind: "Projects are moving away from this API element. Consider a change." Such wisdom of the crowds can provide valuable
information to both the API users and the API producers.
- Mining Trends of Library Usage. Yana Mileva, Valentin
Martin Burger, Andreas Zeller. IWPSE-EVOL 2009.
A library is available in multiple versions. Which one should I use? Has it been widely adopted already? Was it a
good decision to switch to the newest version? We mined hundreds of open source projects for their library
dependencies, and determined global trends in library usage. This wisdom of the crowds can be helpful for developers
when deciding when to use which version of a library - by avoiding pitfalls experienced by other developers, and by
showing up important emerging trends in library usage.
Keep me posted
Impressum ● Datenschutzerklärung
<firstname.lastname@example.org> · http://www.st.cs.uni-saarland.de/softevo/aktari.php · Stand: 2018-04-05 13:41